Tuesday 23 May 2017

Acupuncture for knee pain

The patient

Female office worker in her 40s presented with swollen left knee and burning pain. There was continuous  sharp pain on the knee cap and pulsating pressure behind her knee with restricted movements. It was difficult for her to sit or walk for prolonged period. 

The pain would keep her awake at night, over time this has changed her moods too. 


Treatment

Patient had 6 weekly sessions of acupuncture and the left knee pain went down from 10/10 to 2/10. Swelling had reduced from 8/10 to 2/10. Ability to bend the knee was also improved from 7/10 to 2/10. 

Diet and lifestyle
Acupuncture for knee pain, image source


Patient improved her diet and joined a local gym. She lost 11IBs in total since starting her acupuncture treatment.

Testimonial


"I have been having acupuncture treatment with Ivy for 6 weeks, having gone to see her in severe knee pain.

My legs, knees & ankles were severely swollen & I was having difficulty walking, my Dr had suggested more pain killers on top of what I was already taking, as I was loathed to take more, I looked for alternative options.
The day I found Ivy’s number was the day my life with knee pain changed for the better.

I have also found that Ivy’s vast knowledge has helped me in other areas of my day to day life, diet & exercise suggestions have helped me to ensure that my knee pain will not become worse & I now know that the option of a knee replacement is no longer an option, acupuncture will now always my 1st choice  


I would highly recommend  acupuncture with Ivy & look forward to July when I will be able to discuss herbal medicine options."

No comments:

Post a Comment