Female patient in her mid 30s has been trying to get pregnant for over one year. Patient had been having frequent urinary tract infections despite several courses of antibiotics treatments. Ultrasound scan and blood tests for patient and sperm test for patient's partner showed no abnormalities. Patient's menstrual cycle on average is around 24 days and suffered from premenstrual symptoms. Patient also experienced chronic fatigue most of the time. Other discomforts include bloating after meal, insomnia and frequent acne outbreaks.
Patient received weekly acupuncture treatments along with Chinese herbal medicine and achieved natural pregnancy. In addition, over the course of treatment cycle, the following complaints also benefitted:
- urinary tract infection gradually diminished until eventually cleared
- bloating after meal subsided and patient no longer felt tired all the time
- acne outbreak was controlled and cleared
- quality of sleep was much improved an patient no longed needed to spend over an hour to fall asleep
- menstrual cycle was regulated to 28 days with no reported premenstrual symptoms
|Acupuncture for infertility, image source|